<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30028137?origin\x3dhttp://perfectq.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



Lessons Learnt


Thursday, June 12, 2008


Wow… I didn’t realize it's been 3 months since my last blog entry.
So much has happened in the past 3 months of my life that it felt more like an eternity to me.
The things that happened were mostly trivial, not even worth mentioning. As for those worthy of keeping, they have already been deeply buried in my fondest memory chest.
Anyway, the reason why I started blogging again is probably coz I've more or less come to the end of the school term now. Thus, more free time and better mood too. Today is, in fact, the last day of lesson before exams start tomorrow but I’m having mixed feelings about that.
Happy coz I will be pretty free from tomorrow onwards since all the teaching duties are done. Now it’s only down to invigilation in 2 days out of the 11-day exam period. And I simply can't wait for what I've planned in the summer holidays that follow.
Worried coz I’m still uncertain of my career prospect for the coming school year. Although I’ve been given interview opportunities every now and then, it’s really exhausting to keep sending out application and going everywhere for interviews in those pathetically painful heels.
I’m still hoping that my current school could sign me for the next academic year since I’ve gained quite a group of ‘fans’ in school. But mostly, I just can’t bear to leave those little devils behind even though I’ve vomited blood coz of them in the recent past. That’s the problem I have, isn’t it? Being soft-hearted and all…
Well, to tell the truth, what motivated me most to write here is coz of the book I’m reading right now. In ‘If Life is a Game, These are the Rules’ by Cherie Carter-Scott, she talked about lessons being repeated until learned which I find inspiringly true and familiar.
Here’s an abstract from the chapter:
“Several years ago, Bill Murray starred in a movie called Groundhog Day, in which he woke up in the same day over and over until he learned all the lessons he needed to in that day. The same events kept repeating themselves until he finally “got” what it was he was supposed to do in each one.
You will continually attract the same lesson into your life. You will also draw to you teachers to teach you that lesson until you get it right. The only way you can free yourself of difficult patterns and issues you tend to repeat is by shifting your perspective so that you can recognize the patterns and learn the lessons that they offer.
In the words of Carl Jung, “There is no coming to consciousness without pain.”



Well, perhaps that explains why I have been MIA for the past 3 months for I was simply too busy learning my lessons and teaching others at the same time?
Anyway, I’ve always been active on facebook, in case you are interested to know what I’ve been up to.

Of course, according to my tradition, my post always comes with beautiful pictures as dressing. So here’s a pretty one of me for you.
Last but not least, I shall sum up my entry with a big shout-out to Hui Yi…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUI YI~! Cheers!

9:12 AM
You Are My ♥ Song





about

<-YOUR PROFILE->

movies.music.dreams.
nowplaying

<-MUSIC CODES HERE->


tag





Leaving

<-LINKS HERE->