<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30028137?origin\x3dhttp://perfectq.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



SECRET


Friday, August 03, 2007


I didn't think I would actually go and watch 'Secret' directed and starred by Jay Chou. Because people who know me know that I DON'T usually watch Chinese movies in cinema. I think it's a waste of $, that's why.
However, there was this mysteriously seductive feel about this movie of Jay's when I first saw its poster. Well... not that the leading actress was particularly attractive and it looked like some sort of ordinary chick flicks to me at first glance. And well, it IS a chick flick anyway. Sort of. But I like the movie because there was quite an expected twist to the story at the end. I never would have guessed how it happened until it retold the story at last.
And of course, there's my favorite singer, Jay Chou. Always find him really talented and cute despite the fact that he's character-flawed. Like it especially when he's got this shy shy smile on his face with his △-shaped mouth. SO CUTE!
And the actress, Kwai Lun Mei, is really pretty!! Well, she's not exactly those drop-dead gorgeous kinds, but she definitely outshines other typical sweet sweet Taiwanese girls you see on TV all the time. She's got this X-factor and aura which makes her really special.
Moreover, there's so many wonderfully made music in the show. Just by listening to the great melodies and the piano-playing is already worth the $60 movie ticket.
As for the story, I wouldn't say it's any new trick to the plot. But in my opinion, I think one has to be imaginative and romantic in nature in order to appreciate the beauty of this film. And fortunately, I possess both qualities and that's why I buy the story.
You can't be too rational in watching this type of movies because without the abovementioned qualities, you cannot see the‘point’of the whole show. You would keep questioning the plot and flaws in it. Wondering, at the end, why this and that happened.
It was more like a fantasy - a world for your sweetest & wildest indulgence where nothing is impossible. And that, is the beauty of movies.
^___^ day!
"Without any expectations, there might just be a pleasant surprise!"

9:29 AM
You Are My ♥ Song





about

<-YOUR PROFILE->

movies.music.dreams.
nowplaying

<-MUSIC CODES HERE->


tag





Leaving

<-LINKS HERE->